34 Power Affirmations for Networking with the Affluent
Here are 34 affirmations I have created after studying the book "Networking with the Affluent" by Dr. Thomas Stanley. Even though the book is targeted to sales people, I believe that it is to everyone's advantage to network--especially to network with successful people. If enough successful people are favorably impressed with you and choose to help you, you can accomplish almost anything--certainly with respect to meeting your own needs and helping other people.
As with most tasks in life, success in networking begins with the proper mindset. The right attitude. When people fail at networking, it is usually the result of two things:
They approach the contact with an unconsciously selfish attitude. They want time with the prospect to show their products or services so that they can make a sale. While they may claim (and convince themselves) that they are really working in the best interest of the prospect, their interest only goes as far as how their product can help met a prospects need. What they are really saying is "I'm happy to help you, but only if the end result is that you buy my product." This is usually an unconscious thought process.
This is one reason that affirmations can be very effective in eliminating this problem. Affirmations can condition your mind so that you are always sensitive to what the other person needs. If you are really effective in helping others meet their needs (even when they have nothing directly to do with your product or service), then the odds are much greater that they will eventually not only buy your product or service, but refer others who also need your services.
Here's a hint: the biggest need and concern of most business owners, is increasing their revenues. Find ways to enhance their revenue, and maybe they will help you enhance yours.
Not networking strategically. Unsuccessful networkers, are a "master of the ones." They have one or two contacts in a lot of affinity groups. There's no concentration of power. Most of the time, they don't even know what affinity groups their contacts belong to. Successful networkers network in clusters. They target the leaders of networks. They use tools of mass communication to reach large blocks of potential contacts--especially, publishing articles and giving speeches/seminars. Of course these articles and speeches cover topics that are considered important to the target audience. These tools allow them to help multiple members of their network in a short period of time and establish themselves as experts in their specific field.
Here are several affirmations I have written for myself as the result of studying Thomas Stanley's book.
1) My power network is multiplying everyday.
2) I help people in my network achieve their goals and objectives.
3) I now serve my network with respect, professionalism and intelligence.
4) I connect to new contacts and allies everywhere I go.
5) I regularly participate in fund raising activities for worthy, charitable causes.
6) I am a network facilitator. I bring people in my network for their mutual benefit.
7) I create powerful, positive connections with good people everywhere I go.
8) I create new business opportunities by connecting with people at the point of their needs first.
9) I establish expertise and credibility by studying and understanding issues important to my target network.
10) As I connect with my network, I ask questions and listen carefully for indications of their needs.
11) I now find creative ways to help members of my network multiply their revenues.
12) I take the initiative to be an advocate of issues important to my network. I am an activist.
13) I read the trade publications of people in my network regularly.
14) I multiply my network by regularly publishing articles in their trade publications-articles that are of interest to them.
15) By reviewing trade publications and attending trade association meetings, I stay current with the issues and challenges important to the members of my network.
16) I help members of my network fulfill their needs regardless of any immediate personal benefit to me.
17) I am now a strategic networker.
18) I now network with the major business and political leaders in my community.
19) I regularly network with opinion leaders in targeted affinity groups.
20) I multiply my network in clusters.
21) I regularly participate in and contribute to strategic organizations and associations.
22) Opinion leaders contact me regularly for my help and advice.
23) Opinion leaders seek me out to add me to their network of contacts.
24) I regularly network with the advisors of affluent and influential leaders.
25) I am a master of clusters rather than a master of the ones.
26) I am a recognized industry leader and expert in my profession.
27) I demonstrate my expertise by regularly publishing articles of interest to my strategic network.
28) I have a clear understanding of the anatomy of wealth and power in my community.
29) I write articles that target my network and have them published regularly.
30) I am now well known by the opinion leaders in my network.
31) I regularly connect with community and government leaders at the local, state, and national level.
32) I target clusters of networks, not just individuals.
33) I regularly recognize the achievements of people in my network.
34) I have made a lifetime commitment to helping members of my network solve their specific problems. I am patient in developing my network.
Copyright (c) 2005 Bill Marshall - All rights reserved. Feel free to republish this article provided you include the copyright information and the weblinks where possible.
For practical self-improvement tips, visit http://www.poweraffirmations.com . Get my new free e-book, "Power Affirmations: Power Positive Conditioning for Your Subconscious Mind"
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
Networking in the Change Room: 5 Ways to Network Effectively While Getting Undressed
There's a time and place to network with people in order to generate leads, build rapport and form meaningful relationships. The change room at your gym, spa or country club isn't one of them.
Two-Step Your Communication
Ever use someone else to get your message out?For example, big, multi-location companies sometimes make important announcements through local plant or office managers, rather than at head office. Another example: advocacy groups that ask their members to individually write or call politicians.
Communication Is A 2-Way Street (The Networking Factor)
The Personal Touch 1There is a simple art to networking and the good news is, should you choose to put forth a conscience effort to improve the way you communicate, networking can and will become second nature to you, it is really just that simple. A personal touch big or small makes a big difference in how others perceive you professionally and personally as well.
Networking Group Loyalty Requirements
How can you find out the group loyalty requirements before you venture forth?Many groups have loyalty requirements in order to make sure that the leads you generate are exclusively for the members of the group. It is important that you make sure you know everything about the group before you join, and loyalty requirements can put a damper on other activities you have planned.
Lesson 15 - Meeting the Prince with More Reputation than Power
The StoryBusiness has a habit of testing us as individuals and as entrepreneurs. Several years ago I retained my first entertainment agent to represent my business and me.
Have We Met Before? What to Do When You Cant Remember Who Yourre Talking To
You see him from across the room. You know him, but you can't remember how you know him.
Defining a Quality Networking Group
When it comes to quality, how do you choose the group that matches your expectations?Defining a quality group is not as easy as it looks. You first need to conduct the research into meetings, type of attendance etc.
Where Does That Word Come From?
"Instead of a handshake, I gave Toby a high-five to break the ice; and when we sat down on the front porch and started talking off the cuff, it was as if serendipity brought us together."That sentence contains several words and actions you see and hear every day.
Franchisees Should Learn From Each Other
If you own a franchise you should be in contact with your nearest franchisees and share information as if you were the manager of a corporate store. You should set up meetings once or twice per month and have their phone numbers logged into your speed dial for easy reference.
Lesson 69 - When Networking Events Fail
The StoryIn a quest to create strategic alliances, coalitions, and partnerships, we don't usually allow ourselves to imagine our efforts failing. We don't imagine faltering at building relationships with people, since working with others comes naturally to most people.
Marketing Essentials: The 15 Second Elevator Speech
You're at a conference. Someone steps in the elevator, notices your name tag and asks, "So what do you guys do?" Quick -- what's your answer? You've got about 15 seconds before the doors open.
Five Best Ways To Build A Network
I have been working from home on the internet for over 3 years now. 18 months of that was spent trying out various different programs trying to find things that would work for me and this done nothing more than cost me thousands of dollars and also caused me to neglect my family friends and my health, as a result I then took a break from internet marketing and got my life in order.
How to Collect Business Cards
Why the business card grab is not why you are there? So how do you obtain the card and show interest that gains confidence?One of the things I am also always asked is, "How do you collect cards?" and "What do you do with them when you get them back to the office?" What really happens when you collect business cards? Often they get put into a pocket with many others. Have you ever collected cards to later find out that you have no idea who the person was? This happens all the time.
Are You Building Relationships Online?
How's your relationship?I'm not prying into your personal life, so no need to worry. it's just that lately I've noticed something about most network marketers which got me thinking.
How to Turn Water into Lemonade by Giving a Flavored Answer to a Fruitless Question
I remember the first time I opened the fridge to get a drink of water and accidentally grabbed the wrong pitcher..
Develop a Great Network - Pay It Forward for Maximum Success
Who needs a network of people to talk to about the struggles you're encountering in your profession? You do! The more people you have in your personal network, the more people that can help you Make it Great! Don't be afraid to ask for help, as you can't do everything alone, contrary to popular belief. By developing your network, you can actually become more dependant on others, and they will become dependant on you.
Planting the Seeds of Greatness - Make it Great Newsletter #7
Thought of the WeekThis week, I'd like to challenge you to try something: Give something to someone that you know can never repay the favor. This could be something simple like opening the door for someone with their hands full, or buying lunch for a complete stranger at your local bistro.
Jump Start Your Network
Networking is often identified as a key business building activity for small business owners, especially those just getting started. Often we think of networking as meeting as many new people as possible.
How to Avoid Falling Asleep Behind the Conversational Wheel
Think about the last time you feel asleep behind the wheel. Dangerous, isn't it? Even if it's just for a split second, nodding off while driving puts you and the other drivers at risk.
When Gifts Say More
What's a gift mean? If you're like me, you probably focus on the giving and the getting.But, have you thought of gifts as a medium, a channel, for communication? In a book called The Gift, French anthropologist Marcel Mauss argues that gifts are universally used to create and manage relationships.
|home | site map|